Development & Test
Whether your developments team is looking at developing new IT applications or is in the business of producing new in-house or commercial software, an efficient, high-performance development and test environment can help drive developer productivity, improve time to market, and have a direct impact to the top-line revenue.
Nutanix development and test solutions are based on web-scale principles, enabling your development operations or Dev/Test teams to stay ahead of the competition and looming deadlines. With Nutanix, gone are the days of creating cumbersome copies of databases and shared development environments. Your developers can get their own efficient, high-performance VMs with access to private copies of production databases and data, taking up little extra storage space.
If your organization is considering a move to DevOps – a cultural shift that emphasizes collaboration and communication between developers and other IT professionals while automating the process of software delivery and infrastructure – Nutanix has many powerful tools to enable this shift. No matter where you are on this journey, the Nutanix Enterprise Cloud Platform will ensure that your infrastructure has the required agility, flexibility, and automation needed.
- Simple, out-of-the-box deployment: Deploy Dev/Test environments on the same platform as production workloads in just a few hours using validated cloud designs.
- Risk-free development: Predictably scale production clusters to support development and testing on the same infrastructure, eliminating the risk of promoting code into production.
- Self-service: Enable engineering and QA to deploy their own complete high-performance environments from a portal with complete cloned copies of production datasets.
- Excellent performance: Give each developer and test environment the performance they need without worrying about noisy neighbors on the same web-scale cloud environment.
- Distributed team support: Support geographically distributed teams and adopt a follow-the-sun model for maximum productivity, keeping the working VMs closest to developers and QA teams using VM-granular replication.
- Quick iterations: Work in parallel and quickly revert to older versions without worrying about resource constraints or recovery time using VM-granular cloning and snapshots.
- Reduced infrastructure operational complexity: Reduce administrative overhead by hundreds of hours per year by practically eliminating the need for storage management, using intuitive centralized VM-centric management and REST APIs/PowerShell toolkits.
- Deep performance insights: Simplify performance troubleshooting from days and weeks to hours, with end-to-end visibility into VMs and applications under test.
"Nutanix lets us expand linearly in a simple grow-as-you-go model. It removed the whole storage piece from the equation, and by doing so, eliminated the see-saw nature of sizing storage and servers as project scopes change. It allows us to immediately start deploying VMs and eliminates the pain points of dealing with I/O patterns that become increasingly random, causing SAN performance to decrease as the hosts handle more workloads."