With the widespread computerization of patient health records and the adoption of digital imaging, traditional paper and film-based documents have now been replaced with Electronic Health Records (EHRs) and Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS). IT is forced to piece together custom infrastructure solutions to make the most of today’s innovative EHR and PACS offerings while simultaneously maintaining security, availability and performance.
Nutanix can accelerate your EHR application and PACS deployments and drive increased adoption with our hyerconverged architecture. Healthcare organizations get a standardized, repeatable, and cost-effective solution for EHR application VMs and PACS deployments with predictable performance and scalability.
With Nutanix, you can virtualize your EHR environment using your choice of VMware vSphere or Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 with Hyper-V – taking 80% less space versus traditional architectures built with separate storage and compute tiers. Scaling is very simple with Nutanix, enabling you to go from pilot to production and beyond without re-architecting or incurring any downtime.
- Consolidate onto a single web-scale platform for all workloads, including VDI, EHR and PACS application VMs – occupying 80% less space versus traditional datacenter infrastructure.
- Start small and linearly scale performance and capacity one node at a time to meet demands – avoid inefficiencies associated with over-provisioning common with 3-tier infrastructure.
- Keep applications and critical data available with the Nutanix self-healing platform, VM-centric data protection, and affordable business continuity using existing networks.
- Get up and running into production in hours and simplify ongoing operations by as much as 50% with consolidated view in to applications/VMs, servers, and storage across different locations.
- Start with a turnkey solution without the upfront configuration, accelerating time to production.
"The Nutanix platform has been very reliable, with zero downtime ever due to hardware failures. The solution has been very well received throughout the organization with everything we've done. It has been a workhorse for us, and its reassuring knowing its there - reliable and available."